Friday, May 15, 2009

Dream Time Coming

I've been inspired by the Garden Club ladies and the rows of new plantings ready to put into the ground with fresh smiling faces. As I rode my bike by the school earlier today Janet & Janice had me determined to be outside on this beautiful spring day.... now, late afternoon and I am finally here to share the news.

I'm just about to begin hanging the next featured artist's show: light, structure, space. Yvonne O'Brien's fine art photography will be featured in the gallery from May 21st through June 21st. Yvonne lives in Cimarron, New Mexico. Her work is dramatic and her connection to nature is deeply felt. Her images will be a joy to have in the gallery. Join us next Friday from 3:00 - 6:00 when we host a a reception for the artist. Come celebrate and have an opportunity to visit with Yvonne. Plan to return several times to be with her work. I hope you'll let one of her framed archival pigment prints work its way into your heart. We have made blank art gift cards for purchase... and of course we have lots of wonderful art and crafts for your shopping delight.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow because it is my mom's 75th birthday! She is such an amazing person and I am so very blessed to have her in my life. Her visit two Sunday's ago, when she came up here with my sister to attend the 3rd annual CreativiTea!, was a gift. Her faith in me keeps me buoyant as I continue to work on how to make this gallery out here in the middle of nowhere work.

Last Sunday we had a fabulous meal at the Capulin Country Store during their annual Mothers' Day brunch. The chicken alfredo was perfect. The buffet table was laden with abundant and delicious fare. We'll definitely plan to be there next year as well as holding the 4th CreativiTea! here the Sunday before.... so, for you advance planners out there May 9 & 16 are the dates to save for Studio C & Capulin Country Store. In the meantime keep your eyes peeled for great arts venues, experiences, and ideas. Share them here if you can't wait for next year's CreativiTea!

Live @ Studio C! is just up ahead. May's show features Russ Ballew, local singer & songwriter from Clayton. He's got a new cd out titled Recovery Music Vol. 3. Check him out at his website.  In the spotlight will be Karen Anderson with her celtic harp. Two friends have already signed up for the open mike list. Tom and Linda will be traveling though and will join in the fun. The date is Saturday May 30th and it all starts at 5:30. Send me an email and I'll put your name on the open mike list too.

This weekend, Saturday May 16th, is your opportunity to join the annual Folsom Archaeological Tour. Two times are available, the morning trip leaves at 8:00 a.m. from the Folsom Museum and the afternoon trip leaves at 1:00 p.m.. A free chuck-wagon lunch is available at the museum. Your donations will be gratefully accepted. All donations will support the Folsom Museum. This tour is amazing! Call 575-278-3664 or 575-278-2122 for more information.

Tim's review of the Des Moines Elementary School's spring program I wrote of two posts ago can be read here and here. (It's two pages so be sure to click both to read the full story) I'm beginning to upload photos from sessions we've had this semester at my Art Plays Its Part! photo gallery here. You can tell I'm proud and excited about working with the school to develop this program.

I'm also excited by the future. Studio C is a work in progress. There is a lot to do before I can call it "done" but I offer my artists a lovely space to show and I offer art appreciators a place to stop and visit and take home something special from the heart of an artist. Thursday, Friday and Saturdays I'm open 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Sundays I'm open noon to 4:00 p.m. I am happy to open by appointment Monday - Wednesday. Call the gallery at 575-278-3517 to set up an appointment... or plan on coming by Thursday - Sunday. Let me know you read this blog with a comment and I'll give you 10% off your purchase over $10.00. I've got free wireless internet for my customers. I appreciate your business and look forward to growing into a must stop destination ArtSpace here in Des Moines, NM.

Happy Birthday Mom! 

Blessings of Health, Longevity and Prosperity to all~

Christina

No comments: