Thursday, September 9, 2010

Some September Selections

Hello!

While I was working on the mural this weekend I spent some time thinking about Live @ Studio C!
I thought you might enjoy a peek into the past with this photo of Tim playing the July show.

On September 25th, we'll have George Greco presenting an evening of inspirational poetic wisdom. Jaecke Hughes-Daniel will be sharing local history with us and of course, another reading from Cora Click's collection of local history. The open mike offers you an opportunity to share your talent in our warm and welcoming gathering.

Back to September's show, when asked to provide a bio George suggested I share that George is "athletically appointed, spiritually attuned, poetically inclined, wrapped in a package of adventure and still having fun!" He's a dynamic performer; I'm sure you will enjoy his poetry and the rest of the evening line up.

George will be running the 2010 Capulin Volcano Half Marathon Run the next morning. I'm excited about his appearance, looking forward to Jaecke's presentation and hoping that the open mike section will have more great talent; seems like there is a wave of shy that's come over a lot of people which is not to detract from the wonderful moment when Nathanial Franklin took the stage with Tim's guitar and sang us a couple of songs! Great voice, passionate delivery and guitar playing coming along. We all want him to come back. So don't be shy, come by the gallery to sign up now. I'd love to visit with you. Who knows, you may even get to help out with the mural... which is officially a "work in progress". Depends on where I am in the creative flow when you arrive.

While I was on the road last month I stopped at Santa Fe Baking Company to eat lunch and happened to be there when Mary Charlotte of KSFR Santa Fe Public Radio was recording her live interview for the next show. It was fun to see her with her interview going on and all the microphones, headsets and technology making it happen. I listen to the station online in the mornings when I'm not listening to Raton's own great morning talk radio show, KRTN 93.9's "This, that & the other".

Meanwhile, here at Studio C Gallery & ArtSpace, I'm preparing a sample of the new media surface for a new piece I've been thinking about. I've got a lot of ideas flowing and feeling the blessing of being able to pursue my art while also offering a place for people to gather and be creative and inspired by the creativity of the artists and artisans in the gallery.

Roxie from Interstate Auctioneers stopped by last week to let me know that she has an auction coming up on September 18th. Click here for the sale flyer for the sale in Lamont, Colorado.

I've got two pastel pieces in the 34th Annual International Art Exhibit and Sale presented by the Raton Arts & Humanities Council and International Bank in Raton New Mexico. The show is available for viewing 10:00 am - 4:00 pm in the downtown office of International Bank. A reception for the artists will be held Friday, September 10th, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. I hope some of you will stop by the bank and see the show. Feeling festive? Come to the reception! Thank you International Bank for the amazing support to local and regional artists and for providing a wonderful location for this show. Tim has three pieces so you can be sure we'll meet up Friday evening at the reception. I hope to see you there too!

I've got an order of big bend coffee roasters organic fair trade coffee coming in tomorrow! Yea! I love the smell of freshly roasted coffee. You simply must come by for a pound or two.... enjoy a cup while we visit "on the house"!

So, this has been a hodgepodge of news items indeed. Here is one last thing! I just ate the last sample of Biscochitos de Taos but I forgot to take a picture of the box before it was almost empty. Bummer... but! Doesn't it testify to how delicious they were? I had several visitors try them and we agreed that these are yummy. I'll be carrying them soon... as the holiday season comes on.

And on that sweet note~

Have a lovely week, stop by, tell your friends, send an email to StudioC@bacavalley.com and/or leave a comment here for others to enjoy.

I appreciate all the support flowing into the gallery and studio. Thank you!

Christina

No comments: