Friday, December 12, 2008

It's Here!

Tis the season to celebrate miracles, compassion, love and harmony.

This Yule ornament was created by glass blower Keith Stuart of San Jose, New Mexico. We have several still for sale this season.

The magic of sand turning into a translucent molten blob that you can blow into all kinds of shapes has always been one thing that mesmerized me as a child. We lived near a glass foundry when I was in second grade in Santa Fe. It was close enough that mom & dad allowed me to walk there after school. These beautiful ornaments remind me of those days.

What memories do your holidays bring up for you? Leave a comment and share your favorites.

The branches in the background are from the Piñon trees that are here for sale. If you haven't gotten yours yet stop by and pick one up. Call the number on the front door and seal the deal with my neighbor!

I have a beautiful array of holiday gifts for your shopping pleasure. All are hand crafted by wonderful people so you can feel three times joyful when you shop at Studio C in Des Moines, New Mexico.

Some of you have been waiting for JR Gilstrap's memorial calender. Wait no more. It is here. 18 months starting with January 2009. Images selected from JR's sketch books by his wife JJ and her children to commemorate JR's life. I am also pleased to announce that JJ is now one of Studio C's artists! She brought in some Christmas gift tags in leather and is expanding into making vests with leather. Soon she'll be bringing those in too!

The January issue of Western Horseman has just reached the newsstands with Tim Keller's photographs and article on a recent cattle drive, titled "Driving on Blacktop". Buy a copy here at the gallery. I've decided to carry the magazine in the shop so come by each month to pick up a copy. I'll be developing a reading area so you can come by the shop and enjoy a restful and inspiring visit with lots of interesting magazines and books to explore.

Studio C will be open extended hours during the holiday. Regular hours are Friday, Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Sundays 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. I will be open Monday December 22 through Wednesday December 24 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. so you can shop for gifts right up to the last minute! During those days I'll have biscochitos and hot chocolate in addition to coffee and tea for my visitors. My friend and neighbor Mrs. Bachicha will be making the biscochitos for us. Yum! So really, you simply must come in to visit.

I hope you have a moment and will leave a holiday memory in the comments.... We'd love to hear your stories.

Keep warm!

Christina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Biscochitos and hot chocolate?! I know where I'll be hanging out in the afternoons! Since I already did my Christmas shopping there, I'll just be enjoying the food, drink, music, and couch. Thanks for the invitation.