Sunday, June 21, 2009

Finding Flow


Happy Fathers Day!

It's a lovely summer day here in northeastern New Mexico. The smell of BBQ wafts in the gentle breeze telling of fathers all around celebrating their day.

I'm working on the blog when I want to be outside working on the landscaping, or painting, or kicking back with my love who is a wonderful father to a very special daughter. We'd make a toast to my father and the life he gave me and my siblings. Speaking of siblings, my sister just had a very successful reception for the artist, she being the artist, down in Santa Fe. Mom threw the reception at El Museo Cultural Center where her show Blue is hanging. The work was made in part to help her mourn the passing of dad. Karyna will be here next weekend as our featured act for Live @ Studio C! and I would love to have the house filled for her performance. The theme will be Dear Dad for the open mike. It will be a great chance to honor and share your thoughts on fatherhood, your dad, and life in general.

I've got a lot of new items to put into the gallery so that keeps me busy too.

I'm switching out artists in the gallery over the next ten days. Yvonne O'Brien's show ends officially today. She'll pick up her work Thursday or Friday so you have a chance to meet her. Give me a call and I'll let you know when to be here. We'll be keeping some of her work and her cards as she becomes one of the gallery "regulars".

Nathaniel Franklin, local sculptor and painter, will be bringing his work the next week. His show is titled Facing West. I am pleased to be able to show his work and look forward to what he has to bring.... he's still working on new pieces so I'm not sure exactly what we will be getting! We've decided on Saturday August 7th for his reception. Check back for more details as it gets closer.

I'll be headed south to deliver artwork created this spring at Des Moines Schools in the Art Plays Its Part! program for display in the 48th annual New Mexico Arts & Crafts Fair next weekend in Albuquerque. If you can see the show please do!

Have a great day and a wonderful week. Find your flow. Share your Joy!

Christina

1 comment:

Tim said...

It's a beautiful day for fathers and children of fathers. Go outside and smell your roses, see your dad in it all.
xo
t