Thursday, May 6, 2010

Adjusting to Reality~

Spring's crop of tulips has been generous and the warm air is welcome here in the cool confines of Studio C's cinderblock walls.

I've been really busy since last week here at the gallery... rode my first 25 mile bike ride, entertained my mom and our friend Tessa for an over-night stay, attended the Raton High School Arts Awards Ceremony, and most importantly, came up with a plan for Summer Art!

Summer Art! will offer classes by demand this summer. Class days are Thursday, Friday and Saturdays with the morning class period 10:30 - 12:00 and afternoon 1:30 - 3:00. Class days begin May 29th with the schedule closing August 7th. Classes to choose from are: Papier-mâché Sculpture, Costume Design, Mask Making, Digital Photography, Collage, Hand-painted T-Shirts, Pastel on Paper, Mural Painting, Hand-made Paper and Color Pencil Drawing.

I will book classes on a first come first serve basis with four students. Ages accepted are 8 years to 98 years! At Studio C! creativity is honored and advanced through multi-generational classes which nurture the imagination of each student. If you are interested in booking a class please send an email to StudioC@bacavalley.com.

This schedule allows me to provide quality arts learning experiences that serve you in your busy schedule. I know time and finances are tight this year so rather than creating a static class schedule that you have to work around, I realize I can maximize my ability to respond to the needs of my customers by leaving the classes open to booking. You'll help me in that you are bringing in four students, my minimum to hold a class. It is a "win-win" booking device. I'll cap the maximum students per class to seven students so every student receives quality time and attention. And, I'll thank you in advance for helping me to book these classes. I appreciate your support and look forward to art happening here!

I am bringing in three visiting teachers to teach classes in Dramatic Technique, Found Assemblages and Computer Art. Kathryn Engel will teach Dramatic Technique, Inge Bobek will teach Found Assemblages and Sasha Jensen will teach Computer Art. Dramatic Technique class is available June 10 - 12 and the Found Assemblages class is available June 25 - 26. Sasha's Computer Art class can be booked as best fits your schedule within our class times.

There is a materials fee for the Hand-painted T-Shirts and the Mask Making classes. Students must provide their own cameras for the Digital Photography class and their own laptop for the Computer Art classes. Studio C provides printing services at reasonable costs.

If you have questions I'm happy to answer them! Give me a call here at the studio at 575-278-3517. Leave a message on the voice mail or better yet, call during regular gallery hours Thursday - Saturday 10:00 - 4:00 mst, or Sunday noon - 4:00.

I'm looking forward to a great summer of making art and facilitating creativity in the community! Out of town guests are more than welcome. If you are interested in visiting Des Moines, New Mexico and would like to plan a week of art classes, sightseeing, and experiencing life in small town rural America, give me a call and I'll help you plan a wonderful visit to our community.

So, there it is!


No comments: