Saturday, August 20, 2005

Seasoning, Endings, & New Starts


As I remember recent visits from friends, frantic days finishing off tasks, meals taken in delight, and hard work finished, it occurs to me that summer is indeed ending. Our camp on our land is broken down and the pack rats can return to build their astonishingly lovely nests. The feel in the air of autumn foreshadows the pumpkin spice, nutmeg, hot apple cider broom trips across dramatic harvest moons. Swept skies. (Thank you Tia for that image!)

Tim and I have begun our school routine, I have finally gotten water in the studio and access to the new Sierra Grande Art Gallery. Spent time today with fellow Area Creative Enterprise, LLC member Mike and property owner Sheron cleaning out our second room for meetings and more display space... maybe even a workspace. It is big enough. The two days I spent at the gallery kept my time limited in my studio. The pay off in community building traded for stock building and image making.

I return to work tomorrow and will be on for 5 12 & 1/2 hour days. Will be consumed with getting to work on time and getting enough sleep. Saturday we travel to Trinidad to hear Peter's band Blue Suburban play.

Then, Sunday, Tim and I celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. Will be making a gourmet meal... and butchering several of our old enough roosters bought in March. Busy! Yes, romantic too! 18 years together and enjoying it more every year.

Summer play ends, autumn work begins. Crickets chirp.

Blessed Be!

No comments: